Adding Contacts Manually
Adding a New Contact
- On the top right, of any MPDX page, click +Add button and then Add Contact.
- Add Last Name, First Name and Spouse (if applicable) and click Save.
MPDX will jump to the newly created contact.
Adding Contact Details
- Click on the Details tab below the individuals in your new contact.
- Then click on the Add Partner Account button to enter the donor ID for this new contact.
- Your ministry donor management team should have this number.
- If you ministry does not sync with MPDX, you can add a donor ID.
- Click on Add Address button (above) to set the primary mailing address for this contact.
- Type the Street address and MPDX accesses Google Maps to help you select the correct option and auto-fill the rest of the address fields.
- Verify the address information and then click the Save button.
Adding Individual Information
- Click on Add New Person to add another individual to the contact.
- Then click the Edit link to add personal information to an individual, i.e. Robert Parr.
- Under Contact Info (default) add Title, Phone Numbers, and Email Addresses.
- Add Phone Number Type and Email Address Type by clicking on the drop down arrow.
- Verify the information is correct and then click Save.
- When adding a Birthday, be sure to include the Year.
- If the year is unknown, add 1900 as a placeholder; the same applies to an anniversary date.
- For any deceased individuals, click on the checkbox next to Deceased.
Relationships and Work
- Type in the Occupation and Employer of the individual.
- Select the Relationship Status by clicking the dropdown arrow, i.e. Married.
- Select Relationships Type by clicking the dropdown arrow, i.e. Wife.
- Click the Add Relationship button (above) and click Select Person (below).
Adding a Spouse
- In the search field, type the first few letters of the spouse's name.
- Then select the correct Name.
- Verify you have selected the correct name and click Save.
After you add an individual's Contact Info and Relationships and Work information, it will be displayed on their people card.