Import CSV Files into MPDX
IMPORTANT: Read the following article: Moving from TntConnect to MPDX before you import your TntConnect database.
Importing From a CSV File into MPDX;
To import contact information it into MPDX, it must be saved as .csv file.
- Open your Spreadsheet in Excel (or other spreadsheet program)
- Click File, Save As, and choose CSV as the file type or save as type.
Organizing Your Spreadsheet
- Add a header row, one for each column (i.e., First Name, Last Name, Spouse Name, Street Address, City, State, Husband phone number, Wife phone number, Husband email address, Wife email address.
- Add other headers such as Commitment Amount, Commitment Frequency, Church.
Note: Use these specific headers to correctly assign the data to MPDX designations. Read the article: Field Names For CSV Imports.
Uploading Your CSV File
- Log into MPDX (mpdx.org).
- Go to Tools page and click on Import from CSV.
Step 1: Upload Your CSV File
- Click Select CSV file then locate the file CSV file on your computer.
- Once you've found your file click Open.
Note: The max file size of a CSV is 500MB. If your CSV file is larger or you are in need of assistance, email email@example.com with your CSV file attached.
Step2: Map Your Headers
- Choose the MPDX Destination Field that best matches with Your CSV Headers field (i.e., First Name to First Name).
- Scroll down and do this for each of your CSV headers.
- At the very bottom, locate the Next button.
- Or click Back if necessary.;
Note: The Next and Back buttons will be at the bottom of each screen during the import process.
Step 3: Map Your Values
Values for some fields in MPDX might be different from the values in your CSV. For example, you might have a column called “supporter” in your CSV file. In MPDX, that field needs to be called Partner- Financial.
- Select MPDX Values that best match Your CSV Value, i.e. Newsletter - Both to Both.
- Do this for both Newsletter and Status.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
Note: This step will be skipped automatically if MPDX requires more information to match the fields.
Step 4: Review Your Import
You can preview your import to make sure the field names are mapped correctly.
- Add a Tag for this CSV import, i.e. CSV Import.
- Review each field and verify the information is correct.
- Click the Back button to make changes.
- Click the Checkbox: “I accept that this import cannot be undone”
- Then click on Import.
Note: Typically, the CSV data will populate MPDX quickly, however, it may take up to 24 hours for the import to finish. You will receive an email when your import is complete.