For Those Being Coached
Getting Started - MPDX Coaching
The coaching tool in MPDX provides encouragement and accountability in reaching your MPD +goals. As part of being New Staff with Cru, you need to share coaching access with the MPD Coach who is coaching you through initial MPD.
An invitation to share Coaching access does NOT give the coach the ability to update or alter your MPDX account and information. It simply allows the coach to view the number of calls, appointments, and overall trend of reaching the MPD goals set. A coach will NOT be able to see the names, contact information, donor ID number, or any personal identifiable information of any ministry partner.
Table of Contents
- Step One: Share your account with a coach
- Step Two: Set Up the Monthly Goal and MPD Time Frame
- Step Three: Add a Photo, Update Contact Information, Update the Account List Name
- Step Four: Create an Appeal for your One-Time Goal
- Step Five: Keep MPDX Updated
- When you no longer need MPD coaching
Step One: Share your account with a coach
- Login to MPDX.
- Go to Settings > Manage Coaches > Manage Account Coaching Access.
- In the “email@example.com” field, enter the email of the person acting as your MPD coach while you work toward your initial MPD goals:
- Once invited, this individual must “Accept” the email invitation before they can view the shared information.
Step Two: Set Up the Monthly Goal and MPD Time Frame
- Go to Settings > Preferences > Account Preferences.
- Make sure the Monthly Goal field is updated with your current monthly goal amount.
- Enter your MPD dates and goals into the MPD Information bar at the bottom of the page. Work with your coach to determine your MPD Start Date, MPD End Date, and MPD Goal. As new staff raising support for the first time, your MPD Goal should be the same as the Monthly Goal you entered above.
These values are crucial to accurately track your weekly progress in reaching your goals.
Step Three: Add a Photo, Update Contact Information, Update the Account List Name
- Go to Settings > Preferences > Edit (on the small face). Add an Avatar by uploading an image of yourself.
- Click Edit to add phone, email, birthday, and anniversary (if applicable).
- To Update Your Account List Name:Go to Settings > Preferences > Account Preferences.Type in the Account Name (First Name Last Name) and click the "Save" button.
Step Four: Create an Appeal for your One-Time Goal
Appeals in MPDX is a tool that helps you track ministry partner giving toward a one-time ask. This is a required aspect of initial MPD and a regular part of ongoing MPD. For Initial MPD, you need to set up a One-Time Initial MPD Appeal and mark it as Primary.
You can find more detailed instructions on how to set up and manage an appeal on the MPDX help site: https://help.mpdx.org/article/190-set-up-appeal
- Go to https://mpdx.org/tools/appeals.
- Add an Appeal, and enter your One Time Need as your Goal. If you don’t know this yet, you can leave it blank for now and add it later.
- Once added, look at the list of Appeals and select the “star” icon next to the new appeal. This will flag it as primary and associate it with the MPD goals seen by your coach:
Step Five: Keep MPDX Updated
In order for you and your coach to have accurate information, it is vital to use MPDX to track and update your MPD contacts and activity. By Adding and updating Contact information such as Status, Commitment Amount and Frequency, Newsletter preferences, etc. you can know and track how your contacts would like to partner with your ministry. By Adding, Logging, and Completing Tasks, MPDX will track your correspondence with ministry partners. Make sure you are logging every connection with ministry partners so you and your coach have an accurate representation of where you stand in reaching your MPD Goals.
- The Contact Status must be set to “Partner - Financial” in order to count toward your monthly giving goal.
- Updating the giving amount in the Commitment field and setting a gift Frequency for a contact marked “Partner - Financial” will automatically update your monthly giving totals.
- Commitment is manually entered (note the ability to select Currency type)
- Frequency can be set to: Weekly, Every 2 Weeks, Monthly, Every 2 Months, Quarterly, Every 4 Months, Every 6 Months, Annual, Every 2 Years
- Attention Interns Joining Staff: Financial supporters from your intern year do not count as “Partner - Financial” status until you verify their continuing support. In order to accurately track your MPD support goal you will need to change their partner status from “Partner - Financial” to “Call for Decision.” To do this:
- Filter contacts by: Status Partner - Financial
- Select All
- Add Tag “Internship Partner”
- Select All
- Edit Fields
- Partner Status - Call for Decision
- Commitment Received - No
When you no longer need MPD coaching
When you no longer need MPD coaching, remove your coach from your account using the following steps:
- Settings > Manage Coaches > click the red Delete button next to the coach's name
For more information about using MPDX check out this video training series: