For MPD Coaches, Team Leads and Supervisors
The MPDX coaching tool is for MPDX Users, MPD coaches, and supervisors to have a way to easily see and track the MPD progress of another MPDX user who has opted to “share” their MPD progress tracked through MPDX.
Table of Contents
- Step One: Have the User You Coach "Share" Their Account With You
- Step Two: View the Account You are Coaching
- Step Three: Verify MPD Goals and Set Up the MPD Time Frame
- What You Will See As the Coach of a User
Step One: Have the User You Coach “Share” Their Account With You
An invitation to view an account shared does NOT give the coach the ability to update or alter their MPDX account and information. It simply allows the coach to view the number of calls, appointments, and overall trend of reaching the MPD goals set. (Similar to other MPD progress reports but without the need to manually enter the data). A coach will NOT be able to see the names, contact information, personal identifiable information, or financial information of any ministry partner. Personal information will be hidden so giving amounts and initials, NOT names, addresses, donor identification numbers, etc. are shared.
We suggest you send the following email to the staff you will be coaching. This will help them know how to add you as a coach.
In order for me to be able to act as a coach for you in MPDX I need you to go into your MPDX account and invite me. To do so:
1. Log in to MPDX
2. Go to Settings > Manage Coaches > Manage Account Coaching Access box
3. In the “ firstname.lastname@example.org” field, type desired coach’s email address
4. Click “Share Account”
Once you do this I will get an email from MPDX inviting me to accept your invitation.
Along with this, please read the help article at https://help.mpdx.org/article/511-for-those-being-coached and follow the steps there to setup your goal.
I’m looking forward to helping you reach your MPD goals!
Step Two: View The Account You are Coaching
The staff person you are coaching must first share their account with you. Once they have done so:
- Open the automated email invite from support@MPDX.org
- Select “Accept Coaching Invite”
- Login to your MPDX account
- Select “Coaching” tab in the menu bar
- Select the staff person you want to view (you may have multiple) by clicking the “See Details” button for the full view
Step Three: Verify MPD Goals and Set Up the MPD Time Frame
- Settings > Preferences > Account Preferences
- Make sure that the staff you coach has updated their Monthly Goal field with the most current amount, and set up an Appeal that reflects their one-time MPD goals
- Working with the staff you coach, determine together and have them manually enter their MPD Start Date, MPD End Date, MPD Goal, and any appeals in progress (instructions on how to do this can be found at https://help.mpdx.org/article/511-for-those-being-coached)
This will help you track their weekly progress in reaching the set MPD goals. Emphasize the importance of keeping MPDX information up to date.
When you no longer need coaching access to an individual's account, remove yourself as their coach, or ask them to remove you as their coach:
To remove yourself:
Go to the Coaching Tab > Staff You Coach > Find their name. Click the "Remove Coaching Access" button next to "See Details" and click "Yes" to confirm when prompted.
Your person you coach can also remove you:
Have them go to their MPDX Settings > Manage Coaches. And click the red "Delete" button next to your name.
What You Will See As the Coach of a User
Note the dark gray Coaching sidebar component to the left of the screen. This sidebar gives a summary of each user coached with basic information to note concerning their progress.
The detailed, full-page view of the coached user’s MPD progress will look like this:
This information gives you a detailed look into the amount of commitments the person you coach has, as well as their level of effort in MPD.
Understand How the Values Change by Component
The dark gray “Coaching” sidebar component shows the Balance, Staff ID numbers, Last Prayer Letter, Weeks on MPD, MPD Report Date, Basic Contact Information, and Birthday/Anniversary. This information is entered by the staff member you are coaching and needs to be updated by them.
Information about the user(s) coached
- The “Balance” value is not adjusted by the user and is automatically updated every 24-hours based on donations received through Donation Services
- The Staff ID(s) shown reflect all designation numbers associated with the staff member(s)
- Last Prayer Letter is based on the most recently logged newsletter task of either “Newsletter - Physical” or “Newsletter - Email”
- Weeks on MPD is determined by the MPD Information set in Account Preferences. The number of weeks value is generated by rounding up to the nearest whole week from the MPD Start Date to the current date
- The MPD Report Date value is pulled from the MPD Information MPD End Date value in the staff members MPDX settings
- Users change their avatar by selecting “edit” on the avatar image in settings > preferences and uploading a photo
- Users input personal information such as email, phone, Anniversary and Birthday by visiting settings > preferences > edit on the person card at the top of the page
13-Month Donation Graph:
This 13-month graph component of a user’s donations is a copy of the one on their dashboard. It updates when donations are added or deleted.
Weekly Appointments and Results:
The Weekly Appointments and Results component tracks the number of Individual Appointments and the Resulting New Monthly Partners, New Special Needs Pledges, Monthly Support Gained/Lost This Week, and Special Needs Gained during each week. Four weeks, or one month, is shown in this component at a time. The columns read left to right with the current week located in the fourth dated column from the left. The date shown is the beginning day of the MPD week being calculated.
The set week range is Sunday-Saturday. Column headings note Sunday as the start (i.e. the week of Sunday 11/18/18 - Saturday 11/24/18 is represented by the column heading Nov 18).
The average column is generated by averaging the 3 completed weeks. It does not include the current week in its calculation.
- This is the sum of all Appointments logged in MPDX with a Result of Completed within the date range.
- The color coding of Red, Yellow or Green for the number of Individual Appointments reflect the number of logged appointments within that week’s date range. Green (10+ logged appointments), Yellow (8-9 logged appointments), Red (0-7 logged appointments).
- New Monthly Partners: Total number of contacts with status updated to “Partner - Financial” within the date range.
- New Appeal Pledges: Total Commitments added to your Primary Appeal within the date range.
- Monthly Support Gained This Week: Total INCREASE for Commitment Amount for your Contacts within the date range.
- Monthly Support Lost This Week: Total DECREASE for Commitment Amount for your Contacts within the date range.
- Special Needs Gained This Week: The sum of any donation received that does not match the Commitment Amount for a Contact.
The Weekly Activity component shows the weekly summary of Contacts, Appointments, Correspondence, Phone Calls, Electronic Messages and Primary Appeal status for the ongoing week of the user’s MPD progress toward goals. This is the same Weekly Activity report that the staff member sees on their dashboard.
The default setting is the current week, but note in the top right corner of the component that a coach is able to scroll through and see information totals from previous weeks.
- Active Contacts: This is all Contacts with a Status of “Never Contacted” or “Contact for Appointment.”
- Referrals On-Hand: This is all Contacts who have a Referred By in their Details tab, and a Status of “None”, “Never Contacted”, “Cultivate Relationship”, “Ask In Future”, or “Contact for Appointment.”
- Gained Referrals: The sum of new Contacts added within the date range who also have a Referred By Contact assigned in their Details tab.
- Completed: Sum of logged Appointment Tasks within the date range with a Result of Completed.
- Pre-call: Sum of logged “Pre Call Letter” Tasks within the date range.
- Support: Sum of logged “Support Letter” Tasks within the date range.
- Thank You: Sum of logged “Thank” Tasks within the date range.
- Reminder: Sum of logged “Reminder Letter” Tasks within the date range.
- Outgoing: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks within the date range with a Result of either Completed, Attempted, or Attempted - Left Message.
- Talked To: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks within the date range with a Result of Received or Completed.
- Appts Produced: Sum total of all “Call” tasks logged with a “Next Action - Appointment”
- Completed: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks within the date range with a Result of “Completed.”
- Attempted: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks within the date range with a Result of “Attempted - Left Message.”
- Received: Sum of logged “Call Tasks within the date range with a Result “Received.”
- Sent: Sum of logged “Email,” “Facebook Message” and “Text Message” Tasks within the date range with a Result “Completed.”
- Received: Sum of “Email,” “Facebook Message” and “Text Message” Tasks logged within the date range with a Result of “Received.”
- Appts Produced: Sum total of all Email, Facebook Message and Text Message tasks logged with a “Next Action - Appointment”
- Email (Sent/Received): Sum of logged “Email” Tasks marked “Result - Completed” within the date range /Sum of logged “Email” Tasks marked “Result - Received” within the date range.
- Facebook (Sent/Received): Sum of logged “Facebook Message” Tasks marked “Result - Completed” within the date range /Sum of all logged “Facebook Message” Tasks marked “Result - Received” within the date range.
- Text Message (Sent/Received): Sum of logged “Text Message” tasks marked “Result - Completed” within the date range /Sum of logged “Text Message” Tasks marked “Result - Received” within the date range.
- The total one-time gifts associated with the Primary Appeal and converted to the currency type default set by the user / The total Primary Appeal Goal converted to the currency type default set by the user.
- Dials (Weekly Goal 100): Sum of logged “Call” Tasks with a result of Completed, Attempted, and Attempted - Left Message within the date range.
- Completed: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks with a result of Completed within the date range.
- Resulting Appointments: Sum of logged “Call” Tasks with a Next Action of “Appointment” within the date range.
- Sent: Sum of logged “Email,” “Facebook Message,” and “Text Message” Tasks with a Result of Completed within the date range.
- Resulting Appointments: Sum of logged “Email,” “Facebook Message,” and “Text Message” Tasks with a Next Action of “Appointment” within the date range.
- Pre-Call Letters: Sum of logged “Pre Call Letter” Tasks with a result of “Complete” within the date range.
- Support Letters: Sum of logged “Support Letters” Tasks with a result of “Complete” within the date range.
- Thank Yous: Sum of logged “Thank You” Tasks with a result of “Complete” within the date range.
Outstanding Recurring Commitments
This component tracks the number of Commitments committed but not received and the “Name” (noted by initials, not personal identifiable information), Frequency, Days Late and Amount expected. This component tracks and lists all Contacts with a Status of “Partner - Financial” and a Commitment Amount, but with Commitment Received set to No, and a Commitment Start Date in the future.
“Name” is noted by initials (not personal identifiable information).
Each Donor with an Outstanding Recurring Commitment will have a row reflecting their initials, Frequency of Commitment pledged, number of days past the expected “Commitment Start Date”, and the amount pledged in the currency noted.
This report is populated automatically from the account of the person being coached.
Outstanding Special Needs Commitments
This component tracks and lists all Special Needs donations “Committed,” not “Received” within the Primary Appeal Tool.
“Name” is noted by initials (not personal identifiable information).
This field is populated automatically from the Appeals Tool when Donations are noted as “Committed,” but are not “Received” according to Donation Services records.
For more information about using MPDX check out this video training series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1nTOKhRxBt673yiW3qmvnx3ulDOawoLU
If you have additional questions please click the MPDX Help button located at the bottom right of the MPDX screen, or contact the MPDX team at support@MPDX.org. We are happy to help!