Adding Donations Manually
Do Not Add Manually If...
You do not need add donations manually if your MPDX performs a sync. You will end up with duplicates.
Manual Donation Requirements
Locating the Partner Number
- Verify the contact has a Partner No. before you proceed to add the donation.
- On the individual contact page, locate the Donations tab
- Below the bar graph and to the left is where the Partner No. is found
Adding a Partner Number
If a contact does not have a Partner No. you can add one by adding a Partner Account.
- Click on the Details tab below the individual contact name.
- On the right hand side, click on the blue Add Partner Account button.
- Add a numeric value and MPDX will save it automatically under Partner Accounts.
Adding a Donation
- From within the individual contact, click on the +Add button on the top right.
Populating the Add Donation Fields
- Fill in the Amount of the donation
- Currency is determined by Settings | Preferences | Default Currency. Change this ONLY if the donation is a different monetary type.
- Select the Date the donation was given
- Add the Partner Account and the Designation Account (2 different numbers).
- If applicable, you can Select Appeal, i.e. CSU 2018 to track that specific Appeal.
- Add notes in the Memo field
- Verify that everything is accurate and click Save
Note: if the donor's name does not appear when you try to add a Partner or Designation Account, it usually means a Partner No. still needs to be created for the donor in question.