Create, Edit, and Log Tasks
Create or Log a Task From Any Page
- On the top right of any page, click on the +Add button.
- Then choose Add Task or Log Task.
Dashboard: Add and Log Tasks
- Under the bar graph, in the Connect box, click on the Add a New Task button.
Dashboard: Add a New Task
- Fill in the Task Name, i.e., Send Out Prayer Letter.
- Select an Action type, i.e., Newsletter - Email.
- Select a Due Date and Time (required for notification).
- Add Contacts, if applicable, and this task will be added to each selected contact(s).
- Add Tags, if applicable, and this task will be added to every contact with this tag.
- Set a Notification time in minutes or hours (required to be notified).
- When finished, click on the Save button.
Dashboard: Log a Newsletter
- In the Care box, click on Actions and then choose Log Newsletter.
- Fill in the Subject, i.e. Monthly Newsletter.
- Click the radio button to select an Action type, i.e., Newsletter - Physical.
- Select the Completed On Date and the Default Time is 12:00 PM; Select the time of your choosing.
- Add Comments to clarify this task.
- Click the Save button when finished.
Tasks: Add, Log, Edit, and Delete
- From the main navigation bar, click on Tasks.
- Search Tasks by a contact name or task type.
- Select multiple tasks to edit or delete them in bulk.
- Click on the Add Task button to create a new task.
- Click on the Log Task button to add a completed task.
- Go to the Tasks page and click on the Add Task button.
- Fill out Task Name, Action, Due Date and Time, Notify Me, and Comments.
- Then click the Save button.
To receive task notifications, go to Connect Services - External Services for instructions.
- From the Tasks page, click on the Log Task button.
- Fill out the Subject, select an Action, add the date Completed On, and add a Comment.
- Verify the information, the click the Save button.
Tasks: Edit Tasks
- Click on the Task Title.
- Add a Notification in minutes or hours.
- Click the Save button.
Tasks: Delete Tasks
- Click on the Checkbox on the left of one Task.
- Hover your mouse to the right of the star icon.
- Click the red Trash icon.
- Click on Multiple Tasks.
- Click on the Actions button.
- Select Delete Tasks.
Tasks: Using Filters
To find specific types of tasks, choose any of the filters you see to the left.
- Click on Actions.
- Then click in the Space Below Actions to bring up a list of options.
- Select an Action Type, i.e., Thank.
- A list of these specific tasks (Thank) will be displayed.
Contacts: Add or Log Tasks
- From the navigation bar, click on Contacts.
- Select a contact by clicking on the Contact Name.
People: Add or Log Tasks
- To the right of the contact name, click on the Add Task or Log Task buttons.
- Or click on the Tasks Tab and then click the Add Task or Log Task buttons below.
- Follow the same steps for adding and logging tasks as explained above.
Note: You can add or log tasks for specific applications by clicking on Connect Services, and under External Services, look for connecting MailChimp, PrayerLetter or Chalkline to your MPDX.