Merge Contacts and Merge People
When you Merge Contacts, you are joining an entire contact record with another. When you Merge People, you are joining individuals within a contact.
Merging contacts or merging people can be done from the Tools dropdown menu.
Tools: Merging Contacts or People
From the Tools dropdown menu, scroll down to find Merge Contacts or Merge People. Any Fix Tool highlighted in gold means there are possible duplicates that need to be merged.
- Click on Merge Contacts. NOTE: If there are no duplicates available, make sure the names of two contacts are identical and refresh the page to try again.
- Click on the Arrow (left or right) to highlight the "winner" aka Use This One.
- Click on the X if you would like to leave two separate contact records, keeping both.
- Click Confirm and Continue when merging multiple contacts.
- Or click Confirm and Leave to exit the "Merge contacts" tool.
Note: You should regularly check for duplicate contacts or people, especially after each import.
Contacts Menu: Merging Contacts
Duplicates can be merged from the Contacts page.
- Click and type to search by the contact name of someone you know has a duplicate.
- Select the Contacts you want to merge by marking the checkbox to the left of their name.
- Note the # Shown, i.e. Showing 2, next to the search box.
- Then click the Actions, then Merge button.
- Another Merge Contacts window will appear, asking you confirm your choice.
- Choose the "winner" of these contacts and then click Save to complete the merge.
Note: This action cannot be undone!
Within a contact are you can Merge People duplicates.
- From the Contacts page, click on the Contact Name in question.
- Within the selected contact, scroll down and click on the Contact Details tab.
- Then click on the Merge People button.
- Click on all Duplicate People (highlighted in gray).
- The click on Merge Selected People.
- Click to choose the Winner and then click Merge.
Note: Any phone numbers, emails, or other personal data will be copied into the person whom you selected to be the winner.